Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

If you see this message, please make sure that you are using original
TwoMovies website: Two Movies (click here to visit)

Anthology Films/Series 💜 (780 views)

senior master
!

+5
(2 weeks ago)
smiley Here is a list of some of my favourite Seasonal/Episodic Anthology Films/Series both old and new:

American Horror Story
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/American_Horror....

Black Mirror
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Black_Mirror....

Channel Zero
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Channel_Zero/?r....

Room 104
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Room_104....

Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Philip_K_Dicks_....

Dimension 404
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Dimension_404/?....

Bobcat Goldthwait's Misfits & Monsters
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Bobcat_Goldthwa....

Castle Rock
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Castle_Rock/?re....

Genius
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Genius....

The Guest Book
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/The_Guest_Book....

Feud
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Feud....

Lore
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Lore....

American Crime Story
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/American_Crime_....

Slasher
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Slasher....

Easy
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Easy....

True Detective
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/True_Detective....

Fargo
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Fargo....

Deadtime Stories
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Deadtime_Storie....

R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/RL_Stines_The_H....

Fear Itself
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Fear_Itself....

Nightmares and Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Nightmares_and_....

The Hunger
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/The_Hunger....

Darkroom
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Darkroom....

Goosebumps
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Goosebumps....

Masters of Horror

The Horror Network Vol 1

Strangers

Holidays

Dark Web

The Dark Tapes

Dark, Deadly & Dreadful

What are some of your favourite Anthology Films/Series?

Which of the above do you like or dislike?

I know I have missed a lot that should be on this list but I will come back to it as I am trying to rebuild my original list of Anthology Films/Series.

Have fun with this thread and I look forward to your replies @two-movie members! smiley

💜💜

senior guru
!

(2 weeks ago)
@EUNOIA🎭 I like your list of shows/movies & have seen and
watched/watching most of them lol

senior master
!

(2 weeks ago)
@manditoe Thank you smiley I had a huge Anthology list back on PW and here it's slowly building up so just thought I would share with fellow two-movie members lol

What can you add that is not here?

It would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

top expert
!

+1
(2 weeks ago)
@EUNOIA🎭 What a great list! Thanks for starting the thread. Will enjoy seeing ones that I've missed.

senior master
!

(2 weeks ago)
@DemandingFemale You're very welcome and thank you as well for contributing to it - much appreciated smiley

!

(2 weeks ago)
Of those you listed I watch American Horror Story, Channel Zero, Feud, and American Crime Story.

senior master
!

(2 weeks ago)
@FemaleLotRfan83 AHS is a top 5 fave , Feud was a unique enjoyment, ACS is always a good watch but I still have to catch up on Channel Zero as I only watched the first season like several of the films I have added.

This time of year is usually when the good anthology films are released with Halloween being the main theme. Several already added here on TM and viewed.

!

+1
(2 weeks ago)
@EUNOIA🎭 With the 4th season of Channel Zero airing soon, you should watch seasons 2 and 3.
I just wish the seasons were a bit longer to answer unanswered questions.

senior master
!

+1
(2 weeks ago)
@FemaleLotRfan83 You're right the 4th season begins October 26th according to IMDB I wish they released the entire season at once, I am impatient and spoiled when it comes to waiting weekly LOL there's so much to catch up but will definitely binge 2+3 in the near future. Perfect for this time of year when I enjoy watching horrors the most and anything Halloween themed.

Which genres do you prefer?

by the way.. noticed your name and thought I would confess that LOL I have never watched any LOTR films but have read the books and collect old editions...

!

+1
(2 weeks ago)
@EUNOIA🎭 No particular genre. I do like Supernatural, the original Charmed, and Buffy.
I've never read any of the LotR books.

senior master
!

(2 weeks ago)
@FemaleLotRfan83 I just noticed that season 4 episode 1 was just put up on here early smiley awesome!

!

(2 weeks ago)
@EUNOIA🎭 I noticed that too and looks like it was a sneak peek. I watched it and it was a good episode.

senior master
!

(2 weeks ago)
@FemaleLotRfan83 I downloaded it for future viewing after I catch up with season 2 and 3 by that time I am sure 4 will be completed lol smiley

expert
!

(2 weeks ago)
Okay, I always thought that I watch a LOT of TV. I thought "maaaybee" I might have a little problem. But, from the above listings, these are the shows I've never heard of:

Room 104
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Roo m_104....

Bobcat Goldthwait's Misfits & Monsters
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Bob cat_Goldthwa....

Genius
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Gen ius....

The Guest Book
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/The _Guest_Book....

Feud
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Feu d....

Lore
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Lor e....

American Crime Story
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Ame rican_Crime_....

Slasher
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Sla sher....

Easy
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Eas y....

True Detective
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Tru e_Detective....

Fargo
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Far go....

Deadtime Stories
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Dea dtime_Storie....

R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/RL_ Stines_The_H....

Fear Itself
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Fea r_Itself....

Nightmares and Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Nig htmares_and_....

The Hunger
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/The _Hunger....

Darkroom
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Dar kroom....

Goosebumps
ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Goo sebumps....

Masters of Horror

The Horror Network Vol 1

Strangers

Holidays

Dark Web

The Dark Tapes

Dark, Deadly & Dreadful

A.I. Tales
ismcanada.org/watch_movie/A_I_T ales....

Horror and Hamsters
ismcanada.org/watch_movie/Horro r_and_Hamste....

Ghost Stories
ismcanada.org/watch_movie/Ghost _Stories_201....

Welcome to Curiosity
ismcanada.org/watch_movie/Welco me_to_Curios....

Dark, Deadly & Dreadful
ismcanada.org/watch_movie/Dark_ Deadly_amp_D....

The Dark Tapes
ismcanada.org/watch_movie/The_D ark_Tapes....

Masters of Horror
ismcanada.org/watch_movie/Maste rs_of_Horror....

Strangers
ismcanada.org/watch_movie/Stran gers_2016....

Holidays
ismcanada.org/watch_movie/Holid ays....

Dark Web
ismcanada.org/watch_movie/Dark_ Web....

My mind is eased!

top expert
!

+1
(2 weeks ago)
@alvinjfrazier That's a small list. There are heaps more. But what gets me, I've never heard of most of them. Just goes to show how many there are.

!

+1
(2 weeks ago)
@Egor17 I've only heard of 9 of those shows and just one of movies listed.

senior master
!

+1
(2 weeks ago)
@alvinjfrazier There are a lot listed and way more that could be added. I still have to play catch up with most of what I posted. Now you have lots to pick from and enjoy. That's what I love about this site and others like it... all the film buffs are here to share with others smiley

top expert
!

(2 weeks ago)
Honestly. I didn't bother to read them. There are so many you only pay attention to the ones you like.

top expert
!

(2 weeks ago)
Now you made me read them! Nope! I have read about a lot of them, Not my cup of tea. You see, so many you get to choose. Another peanut and pickle sandwich might not be another strawberry jam toasty. Though having a laugh at others should be accepted, laughed at, sure. Like my like of peanut butter and pickle wrapped in bread. Not overly fussy about the pickle. Do tend towards the gerkin. Go on call me strange.

senior master
!

+1
(2 weeks ago)
Here is a newer anthology film I recently watched and enjoyed that's perfect for this time of year.

Terrortory 2 (2018)
ismcanada.org/watch_movie/Terrortory_2....

The sequel to the hit anthology film: Four chilling stories tied together by one man traveling through the terrifying land known as The Terrortory. Featuring monsters from the first film--The Midnight Clown and Smiling Jack--as well as all-new creatures.

Enjoy smiley and feel free to add yours to the thread.

senior guru
!

(2 weeks ago)
@EUNOIA🎭 Thxx for that..I just added to my horror list 2 watch! smiley

senior master
!

(2 weeks ago)
@manditoe You're most welcome smiley perfect for Halloween season smiley

expert
!

(14 hours ago)
@EUNOIA🎭 I hope they do a Terrortory 3. This seems very open-ended.

senior master
!

(2 weeks ago)
Thre's actually a sh*t load of good ones on youtube that do not have an IMDb page so maybe I will add them to the "Video' tab to be viewed.

senior master
!

(2 weeks ago)

senior master
!

(2 weeks ago)
This is a new one that I been looking forward to and just 1 episode so far "INTO THE DARK" (2018) ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Into_the_Dark/?.... A horror anthology series with each episode inspired by a holiday.

top expert
!

(1 week ago)
@EUNOIA🎭 I watched the first episode last night. It's just a lengthier version of the short that appeared in Patient Seven

ismcanada.org/watch_movie/Patient_Seven....

senior master
!

(1 week ago)
@DemandingFemale I've never watched Patient Seven which is probably why I enjoyed it more and was not familiar to me. I can't wait to see what they do with the next episode in November.

Now I have another horror to add to my collection smiley Thank you smiley

senior master
!

(2 weeks ago)
A short-lived anthology series featuring adaptations of well-known horror stories that's a little older from 1989 with 4 episodes in total. Hopefully the links get added to the page.

Nightmare Classics (1989) ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Nightmare_Class.... All that we see or seem/is but a dream within a dream.

senior master
!

(2 weeks ago)
Fear Itself (2008) ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Fear_Itself/?re.... A television series broken down into thirteen separate sixty-minute films from premiere horror writers and directors.

top expert
!

+1
(2 weeks ago)

guru
!

+1
(2 weeks ago)
@DemandingFemale Your horror street cred is going through the roof, I'll give myself a month to get through these "classics" From behind the sofa I presume. Nice one

top expert
!

(2 weeks ago)
@livinginabox The 60s/70s classics are some of the best anthologies you'll find.

expert
!

+2
(2 weeks ago)
@DemandingFemale I was 8yrs old. My dad took us to the drive-in to see "The Undertaker and His Pals" and "Dr Terrors House of Horrors". Couldn't sleep for a week. Wouldn't enter a dark room for a month!

senior master
!

+1
(1 week ago)
@alvinjfrazier That sounds like the perfect night - to be at a drive-in watching these films with your dad, you're so lucky.

I have never been to a drive-in and they longer exist in my city but I been looking up some in the outskirts that are playing old films for the month of October all Halloween themed and all. If I could go back in time to the 50's when my parents were kids and experience all the stories I heard about growing up.. oh what a delight that would be.

top expert
!

+1
(1 week ago)
@alvinjfrazier Drive-ins have never been popular in the UK - Too much rain lol.

I saw most of them peeking from behind our couch instead.

senior master
!

+1
(2 weeks ago)
@DemandingFemale Straight to my playlistsmiley Oldies are some of the best smiley I have seen these but didn't have them on my two-movies list until now as I been trying to rebuild one here after PW went down. Thank you so much for sharing these and helping to add onto this list - much appreciated! smiley

senior master
!

+1
(1 week ago)
"XX"

ismcanada.org/watch_movie/XX....

Four short horror films that are directed and written by women.

senior master
!

(1 week ago)
Doomsday Book ismcanada.org/watch_movie/Doomsday_Book/?re.... The First Chapter of The Anthology Film- In A Brave New World, a mysterious virus brings the city to ruins and zombies flood the streets of Seoul. The Chapter 2, The Heavenly Creature, a robot reaches enlightenment on its own while working at a temple. Its creators regard this phenomenon as a threat to mankind and decide to terminate the robot. The Last Chapter- Happy Birthday, a little girl logs into a strange website and puts in an order for a new pool ball for her billiards-obsessed father. Soon an unidentified meteor heads toward Earth and all human beings flee to underground bomb shelters.

senior master
!

(1 week ago)
Grim Prairie Tales (1990) ismcanada.org/watch_movie/Grim_Prairie_Tale.... A cynical bounty hunter and a clerk traveling through the prairie rest by the campfire telling four stories of terror to each other.

Two travelers, one a well to do young clark on the way to a reunion with his wife, the other a scruffy, feral bounty hunter meet at sundown on a lonely prairie and agree to swap stories around the campfire.

top expert

senior master
!

(1 week ago)
@DemandingFemale nice list - thanks for adding them smiley

senior master
!

(1 week ago)
Bugs: A Trilogy ismcanada.org/watch_movie/Bugs_A_Trilogy/?r.... A babysitter with a clever and violent ward. A patient who mistrusts the doctor's orders. A young woman haunted by a malevolent presence. And the terror that ties them all together: BUGS. On their own, spiders, parasites, and bedbugs hold their own private horror for those who are beset by the quiet scuttles and slurps of inhuman creatures. But for Diane, Hannah, and Elena, three varied yet eerily similar women, these bugs represent the larger horrors of paranoia, helplessness, and abandonment. The Bugs Trilogy explores the inequality of the watcher and ward, relationships between mothers ... smiley

senior master
!

(6 days ago)
"The Romanoffs" (2018) ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/The_Romanoffs/?.... Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner's next project: The Romanoffs, an anthology series centered around people who believe themselves to be the modern-day descendants of the Romanov family. The Romanov family was the last dynasty to rule Russia from 1613 until the Bolsheviks seized power in 1917. In July of 1918, Tsar Nicholas II, Tsarina Alexandra, and their five children and remaining loyal servants were executed, a slaughter that has, over the years, inspired conspiracy theories, including the myth that Nicholas and Alexandra's daughter Anastasia survived the attack. Weiner's unconventional spelling of the Russian surname reportedly reflects both the pronunciation and how it was spelled up until recently.

senior master
!

(1 day ago)
@EUNOIA🎭 A must-watch drama with each episode about 1.5 hours long. It's full of great famous actors and an extremely well done anthology.

senior master
!

(4 days ago)
V/H/S (2012) ismcanada.org/watch_movie/VHS/?ref=275488.... A POV, found footage horror film from the perspective of America's top genre filmmakers. A group of misfits are hired by an unknown third party to burglarize a desolate house in the countryside and acquire a rare tape. Upon searching the house, the guys are confronted with a dead body, a hub of old televisions and an endless supply of cryptic footage, each video stranger than the last.

senior master
!

(2 days ago)
"AMC Visionaries: Eli Roth's History of Horror" ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/AMC_Visionaries.... an in-depth look at the history and pop cultural significance of horror films - is a brilliant documentary that breaks down the history of horror films starting with ZOMBIES in episode 1 then continues with Slashers, Ghosts, and so on. Joined by the greats such as Stephen King, Quentin Tarantino, Edgar Wright, Elijah Wood, Tom Savini and several more who share their insight with us - the true fans of horror! This is a gem for any and all real fans of Horror films/series/books that can truly appreciate all things horror + sub-genre. and especially the low budget + B-Movies. I recommend this to the seasoned horror fans and especially those who are just beginning to enjoy horrors. There's a lot to learn here and you will have fun watching this as you will find some true horror gems from the best writers, directors, producers to ever exist

expert
!

(2 days ago)
@EUNOIA🎭 Glad to see you're keeping this thread active😁 I've been working my way through the list. Just now finished binging "Masters of Horror". Several of the links above that have expired. Had to find other sites.🤔

senior master
!

+1
(2 days ago)
@alvinjfrazier You're very welcome smiley I am quite passionate about films and currently a student so I enjoy this just wish others would share more about films/series on this site than all the hateful drama nonsense that fills the forums up. This thread gets a lot of views so I try my best to add onto it lol Cheers and happy viewing.

expert
!

+1
(2 days ago)
@EUNOIA🎭 In my 60+ years, never once have I wished for m o r e drama.

senior master
!

(1 day ago)
@alvinjfrazier That's good to know since I absolutely avoid it.

Back to films...

Which Anthology here, do you like the most so far?

senior master
!

(1 day ago)
@EUNOIA🎭 UPDATE: links have been added to episode 1 now on here. Watch and enjoy!

expert
!

(1 day ago)
Black Mirror is hands-down #1. American Horror Story and Channel Zero are too close to call for #2. I'm looking forward to Electric Dreams return. I wish they did more Dimension 404. Tales from the Hood 2 was so transparently preachy, I hated it.

expert
!

(1 day ago)
Any possibility of y smiley ou creating a strictly SciFi anthology list? 🤓 Pleeeaase? smiley

senior master
!

+1
(16 hours ago)
@alvinjfrazier I can just add my playlist to a thread when I have the time. Maybe just a general sci-fi thread since this already exists. smiley

senior master
!

(16 hours ago)
smiley

Tis the Season!

Season 2 of Lore has been released and links are available on here to watch so here it is yet again. Enjoy!

"Lore" 2017 ismcanada.org/watch_tv_show/Lore.... From the executive producer of The Walking Dead and the executive producer of The X-Files, this anthology series brings to life Aaron Mahnke's "Lore" podcast and uncovers the real-life events that spawned our darkest nightmares. Blending dramatic scenes, animation, archive and narration, Lore reveals how our horror legends - such as vampires, werewolves and body snatchers - are rooted in truth.

FEEDBACK